Strategy: AIA South Carolina will facilitate effective dialogue among members; and between AIA members- collectively and individually- and the public to promote a better built environment, expanded influence of the architect in society, and a healthy future for the profession.
AIA South Carolina Initiatives:
- SC Architecture Magazine: SC Architecture magazine has great potential for outreach beyond the membership. AIA/SC seeks initiatives to expand the circulation.
- AIA/SC Website: AIA's current website has been expanded and redesigned, with a focus on a navigation and simplicity. It should serve as a portal to other websites, with links to our Sections, the National website and our members' websites. This is a tool to promote our values and facilitate effective dialogue among members.
- Diversity: AIA/SC seeks initiatives to raise awareness on this issue.
- Relationship with allied professions: AIA/SC supports the efforts to seek proactive relationships with contractors, engineers, landscape architects, and other allied professionals through their respective organizations, lobbying groups, and in joint projects and committees.
- Design Awards: AIA/SC seeks ways to greater expand ways to promote our values, including issues such as sustainability, smart growth, etc.
- Governmental Advocacy: AIA/SC supports efforts of our lobbyist and director to strengthen our relationship with the Legislative.
- Codes/Standards/Guidelines Advocacy: AIA/SC continues to strengthen our dialogue with SC Architectural Board in development of professional conduct and registration law clarifications.