AIA/SC will cultivate internal and external relationships to better engage and support our members in strengthening society and the profession.
AIA South Carolina Initiatives:
- Member Needs: AIA/SC strives to give prompt and meaningful feedback to the Board for refining the work plan during the year of an assessment.
- Fellow/Fellows Committee: The Board and membership supports new initiatives to provide a higher level of assistance to candidates seeking Fellowship in the Institute.
- Emerging Professionals: AIA/SC continues to focus on the needs of new and younger members of the profession. They encourage mentoring by more experienced members and develop programs fostering participation by this group.
- Architecture schools: The Chapter has initiated discussions with Clemson to build an alliance among faculty and students.
- National and Local Components: AIA/SC seeks stronger relationships at all levels of the AIA. By continuing to coordinate planning, strategies, and resources at all levels.
- Conventions: Historically, AIA/SC believes that one of the better activities that the Chapter participates in is our conference. We continue to plan activities that foster relationship building (fellowship!) among members. We recognize and encourage opportunities for casual interaction. We seek ways to encourage multi-generational interaction to foster mentoring opportunities. Conventions should continue to be a major source for learning units. Programming should be as broad and relevant as possible, addressing a variety of needs and interests and fostering participation.
- Relationships with allied professions: AIA/SC seeks to broaden definition of the professional community and build relationships among these allied professionals through their organizations.
- Member Recognition: AIA/SC seeks ways to recognize the special accomplishments of our members and others in our community that support our values and assist our profession.