Position: Intern Architect
CEMS is a multi-discipline 45+ person AE firm with offices in Summerville, SC and Wilmington, NC. We specialize in a wide array of medium scale commercial building projects with an emphasis of projects on military bases. CEMS is seeking an ambitious recent graduate that is eager to grow their career into a professional architect. We currently have fulltime permanent positions open at both our Summerville, SC and Wilmington, NC offices. CEMS offers a competitive benefits package including 401(k) and exam completion reimbursement.
- Bachelors of Architecture from an accredited institution.
- 6 months pre-graduate experience in an architectural firm developing commercial BIM models in the latest release of Revit.
- Ability to pass a background check in pursuit of obtaining access onto military bases
- Ability to travel with occasional overnight stay.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on communication, teamwork, and collaboration.
- Ability to perform tasks independently and in a logical and timely manner.
- Strong verbal, written and graphical communication skills.
- Ability to see the big picture as well as focus on the details.
- Desire to learn, accept direction, be mentored, and build relationships.
- Have a strong work ethic and be able to handle multiple deadlines
- AXP file started or commitment to establishment one upon hire.
Additional ideal attributes:
- Masters in Architecture from an accredited University.
- 3 years’ post graduate experience in an architectural firm developing commercial BIM models on a variety of building/occupancy types in the latest release of Revit.
- Proficiency in the following current software releases of: AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Windows 10, SpecsIntact, SketchUp, 3D Studio Max.
- Experience in the U.S. Armed Services and or experience working on commercial military (DoD) projects on military bases.
- Prior construction administration (CA) experience.
- AXP hours completed and in the process of taking exams.
- Develop of construction documents with Revit
- Develop of specifications in SpecsIntact and MSWord
- Develop rendered models for presentations
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously from conceptual design through construction documents. Individual should be on track to obtain licensure and should have an AXP file started or demonstrate a commitment to starting and maintaining the process to licensure upon hire. This is a growth position that offers future project architect and architectural project management responsibilities. Desire to take on new roles and capacities over time is a prerequisite.
If you enjoy a family-friendly business casual open office working environment where you have in-house interaction with professionals of all major disciplines and you have the desire to grow your career, please send PDF file(s) of: a cover letter that includes salary expectations and availability, your resume, examples of work performed, and a minimum of 3 references, to Robert Milanian at firstname.lastname@example.org.